Sharing thoughts, resources and experiences from our journey through homeschooling

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tension and Relaxation

Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. -Chinese Proverb

Today has been one of those days when it seemed like we could not settle down and wrap our minds around anything of substance. So I decided not to allow it to cause tension because of what we were not accomplishing and instead relax and let us be ourselves.

Austin and Amanda got their daily chores done and spent a lot of time with the younger kids. They also watched a few shows on Discovery Kids.





This evening we went grocery shopping and Austin and Amanda both did some Christmas shopping. They used their own money, chose the items themselves and calculated whether they had enough money to buy what they chose. (math)

And while I'm on the subject of math here is a math resource that looks like it could have some value for middle and high school students - Math Vids. Austin seems to learn a lot better if I throw in a lot of lessons on video so I'm always on the lookout for these kinds of resourcs.


As I was thinking today of what we did and did not (and it mostly feels like did not today) I came across the blog post that I just had to share with you. "Letter From an Imperfect Homeschooler" at Life with my 3 Boybarians was very encouraging to me and I hope it will be to you to.

And here is another blog with an interesting post - this nutcracker from Miss Julie's Place looks like fun to draw and there will be a unit study coming later based on this project. It sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment